Re: uuid contrib don't compile in OpenSolaris

From: Emanuel Calvo Franco <postgres(dot)arg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: uuid contrib don't compile in OpenSolaris
Date: 2009-07-24 17:23:42
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have some issues to compile uuid contrib of 8.4 version.
>>
>> Touching something i see that the gmake don't find uuid.h.
>> (pfexec gmake -d)
>> Touching more, i add uuid.h into the uuid directory and i had a
>> error message: missing separator.
>
> Did you use gmake the second time?  What was the exact make and compiler
> error message?

Every time I execute the gmake, the error is the same (uuid.h
not found).

WHen i copy uuid.h in the current dir of uuid contrib, the
error changes to missing separator. As I say, looking in
the web i found that maybe is a bad character (a hidden tab
or something like this).

This occurs only in opensolaris 200906 (i didn't test on previous
versions).

--
Emanuel Calvo Franco
www.emanuelcalvofranco.com.ar