Re: to get DD-MM-YYYY format of data

From: "codeWarrior" <gpatnude(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: to get DD-MM-YYYY format of data
Date: 2006-08-29 18:15:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

17.10.2. Locale and Formatting
DateStyle (string)

Sets the display format for date and time values, as well as the rules for interpreting ambiguous date input values. For historical reasons, this variable contains two independent components: the output format specification (ISO, Postgres, SQL, or German) and the input/output specification for year/month/day ordering (DMY, MDY, or YMD). These can be set separately or together. The keywords Euro and European are synonyms for DMY; the keywords US, NonEuro, and NonEuropean are synonyms for MDY. See Section 8.5, "Date/Time Types" for more information. The default is ISO, MDY.

""Penchalaiah P."" <penchalaiahp(at)infics(dot)com> wrote in message news:A70AE049E81A6A40879D5DC0AC8C38C906F3F4B0(at)venus(dot)infics(dot)com(dot)(dot)(dot)
Hi ..

I am using date is data type to one of the field in my table..but when ever I am passing values to that field it is taking yyy-mm-dd format..

But I don't want like that .. I need like this DD-MM-YYYY.. for this wt I have to do.

Thanks & Regards

Penchal reddy | Software Engineer

Infinite Computer Solutions | Exciting Times.Infinite Possibilities...

SEI-CMMI level 5 | ISO 9001:2000

IT SERVICES | BPO

Telecom | Finance | Healthcare | Manufacturing | Energy & Utilities | Retail & Distribution | Government

Tel +91-80-5193-0000(Ext:503)| Fax +91-80-51930009 | Cell No +91-9980012376|www.infics.com

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite Computer Solutions and/ or its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at info(dot)in(at)infics(dot)com and delete this mail from your records.

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite Computer Solutions and / or its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or the entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at info(dot)in(at)infics(dot)com and delete this email from your records.