Re:

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2006-08-29 17:40:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 12:44:28PM -0400, Sumeet wrote:
> me at all. Also i tried the explain analyze and what i found was the query
> execution plan keeps on changes. Is there any better way to gain control

My bet is that you don't have enough sample data to support a
consistent query plan. SET STATISTICS might be what you need.

> parameters but dint really help. Also can somebody point me out to links
> which explains more about query execution plans..i.e. each of parameters
> like bitmap heap scan, index scan....etc...

On [mumble techdocs I think] there's a tutorial called EXPLAIN
explained. Google will help you -- just use that title, with maybe
"postgresql" tacked onto your search string.

The plural of anecdote is not data.
--Roger Brinner