Re: enabling FOO=bar arguments to vcregress.pl

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: enabling FOO=bar arguments to vcregress.pl
Date: 2021-11-02 15:03:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/1/21 21:23, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 11:33:21AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> As I mentioned recently at
>> <https://postgr.es/m/5d72f199-dc11-89a8-29d1-f20f9687c86f@dunslane.net>,
>> I want to get USE_MODULE_DB working for vcregress.pl. I started out
>> writing code to strip this from the command line or get it from the
>> environment, but then it struck me that if would be better to implement
>> a general Makefile-like mechanism for handling FOO=bar type arguments on
>> the command line, along the lines of the attached.
> I am not sure to understand how that will that work with USE_MODULE_DB
> which sets up the database names used by the regression tests. Each
> target's module has its own needs in terms of settings that can be
> used, meaning that you would still need some boilerplate to do the
> mapping between a variable and its command argument?

I think you misunderstood the purpose of my email. It wasn't meant to
be  complete patch.

But here's an untested patch that should do almost all of what I want
for USE_MODULE_DB.

cheers

andrew

--

Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
msvc-use-module-db.patch text/x-patch 1.3 KB