Re: btree_gin and btree_gist for enums

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: btree_gin and btree_gist for enums
Date: 2016-11-05 16:12:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/05/2016 11:46 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The real problem here is that enum_cmp_internal assumes that
>> fcinfo->flinfo has been set up, and DirectFunctionCallN doesn't, it sets
>> it to NULL.
>> The patch below cures the problem. I'm not sure if there is a better
>> way. Thoughts?
> That may be a good fix for robustness purposes, but it seems pretty horrid
> from an efficiency standpoint. Where is this call, and should we be
> modifying it to provide a flinfo?

See attached updated patch that adds enum support to btree_gist and
btree_gin

I thought of providing an flinfo, but I couldn't see a simple way to do
it that would provide something much longer lived than the function
call, in which case it seemed a bit pointless. That's why I asked for
assistance :-)

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
enum-btree-gist-gin-3.patch text/x-diff 184.8 KB