Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

From: "a(dot)rybakina" <a(dot)rybakina(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: "Finnerty, Jim" <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>, Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>, Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru, Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Subject: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Date: 2023-09-20 12:06:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

When I sent the patch version to commitfest, I thought that the work on
this topic was completed. Patch version and test results in [0].

But in the process of discussing this patch, we found out that there is
another place where you can make a transformation, specifically, during
the calculation of selectivity. I implemented the raw version [1], but
unfortunately it didn't work in regression tests.

I'm sorry that I didn't write about the status earlier, I was very
overwhelmed with tasks at work due to releases and preparations for the
conference. I returned to the work of this patch, today or tomorrow I'll
drop the version.

[0]

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4bac271d-1700-db24-74ac-8414f2baf9fd%40postgrespro.ru

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/11403645-b342-c400-859e-47d0f41ec22a%40postgrespro.ru