Re: xpath_array with namespaces support

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xpath_array with namespaces support
Date: 2007-04-17 05:26:12
Lists: pgsql-patches

It's also worth to take care of the very last lines of XML functions
doc (http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/functions-xml.html):

"XML to SQL Mapping

This involves converting XML data to and from relational
structures. PostgreSQL has no internal support for such mapping, and
relies on external tools to do such conversions."

It's not quite rigth as of now, because "rel->XML" mapping
capabilities exist in the core: it's XML/SQL publishing functions and
alternative mapping functions (such as table_to_xml() ).

--
Best regards,
Nikolay