Challenges with messages

From: "Harald Armin Massa[legacy]" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Challenges with messages
Date: 2009-02-28 12:20:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello,

I am in the process of translating pgadmin3.po to German.

Some challenges with messages:

-------------------------------

Execute query / Generate SQL from Graphical Query Builder Model
Execute query, write result to file / Generate SQL from Graphical
Query Builder Model

usually that "/" seperates two rather equivalent actions. But
generating SQL from a Builder Model OR Executing a Query are quite
different things.
What is the setting behind this strings?

-------------------------------

There are Strings

Get Token

and

Gettoken

I am not shure if "gettoken" is really a word, but I am no native
english speaker (we Germans do not have any problem to connect)

BUT: are this really 2 different things or just a typo?

-----------

DESC, FIRST, LAST, NULL .... is there a way to escape strings to
prevent them from translating? I am QUITE sure that those should NOT
be translated; as I guess PostgreSQL will choke on

SELECT AUTHOR from BOOKS order ABSTEIGEND NULLEN ZUERST

------

same goes with

autovacuum_freeze_max_age
autovacuum_freeze_min_age

etc.

------

new String "5 seconds" - there is allready a string named %s seconds,
which should be used.

(and more "time-types" as "1 second, 10 seconds, 5 minutes, 30
minutes" should be upgraded to %s <unit>)

------

Connection Limit and Connection limit should be spelled the same way

-----

Best wishes,

Harald

--