password authentication failure

From: "System Consult" <systemconsult(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: password authentication failure
Date: 2006-07-13 15:45:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I was able able to create my database and create a Admin role with a
password with which i was able to sign on to the database using the prompt.
However, an attempt to access the database via my java application using
jdbc gave this response
FATAL: password authentication failed for user "Admin"

please assist