Re: password authentication failure

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: System Consult <systemconsult(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: password authentication failure
Date: 2006-07-13 17:21:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Try to connect to the database using the command-line tool and
specifying the host parameter, to force a network connection (same type
of connection that the JDBC driver uses).

So run:
psql -h whatever_server_jdbc_uses

If that doesn't work, then you have an authentication problem; read the
PG documentation about configuring authentication with pg_hba.conf.

If it does work, then please supply the version of the driver you're
using, the JDBC URL you're using, a code snippet showing how you're
attempting to connect, and some basic info about your server (version,
host it's running on).

-- Mark Lewis