An annoying problem in SQL Editor, and a realy minor glitch

From: MaXX <bs139412(at)skynet(dot)be>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: An annoying problem in SQL Editor, and a realy minor glitch
Date: 2005-11-01 14:00:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
I have a little problem with the SQL editor in pgAdmin3 1.2.0 (FreeBSD 5-4
stable, installed from ports). I use the touchpad of my laptop with tapping
activated, often (not always) when I drag a selection to reorder my queries
pgAdmin freeze and I stuck with a strange cursor wich looks like this:
__
|+ (a bold '+' sign inside a sort of arrow)

There is no other way to get rid of it than escaping to console
(Ctrl+Alt+F*) and kill -TERM pgadmin3 then I can restart it and continue to
work. I don't know if it is pgAdmin or something else but I only see this
behaviour on the sql editor.
As a workaround I use cut/paste instead of drag n' drop.

I just upgraded to 1.2.2 but I haven't upgraded dependencies now, I'll do it
if the problem comes back...

I also noticed that when you use a button that change from grayed to active
you have to make it looses its focus before being able to click on it, a
good example is the OK button on the vacuum dialog, when vacuum is running
the button becomes grayed (leave the cursor on it) and at the end it turns
to "Done", you can't click unless you move the mouse away and back on the
button.
This is not a real problem...

And big thanks for your great work, I wonder how many time I saved using
pgAdmin instead of psql!

--
MaXX