SydPUG meeting, Tuesday March 4th

From: "Charles Duffy" <charles(dot)duffy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SydPUG meeting, Tuesday March 4th
Date: 2008-02-27 06:41:23
Lists: sydpug

Hello everybody,

The Sydney PostgreSQL Users Group will meet on Tuesday, March 4th,
at 6:30PM, at Fujitsu Australia in North Sydney.

This talk was originally scheduled for last month.
Shoaib Mir will give a presentation on PostgreSQL monitoring and maintenance.
In addition to PgAgent, he will cover useful techniques for the care
and feeding of
PostgreSQL, including vacuuming, reindexing, recovering disk space,
analysing locks and
understanding vmstat output. These techniques will be demonstrated
from the command
line and from a graphical administration tool.

Meet in the foyer of 15 Blue St North Sydney at 6:30pm. The meeting
will be held in the View Room on level 16. Security restrictions
apply, so you will not be able to go straight up to the room. Please
call me on 0439 594 738 if there are any problems or questions.

The building is next to the North Sydney train station exit on Blue St.

If you think you will be attending, please drop me an email.

Thanks,

Charles Duffy