Re: inserts into partitioned table may cause crash

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Subject: Re: inserts into partitioned table may cause crash
Date: 2018-03-19 08:48:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fujita-san,

Thanks for the review.

On 2018/03/16 20:37, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> (2018/03/14 17:25), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
>> (2018/03/14 14:54), Amit Langote wrote:
>>> Btw, I noticed that the patches place ExecPrepareTupleRouting (both the
>>> declaration and the definition) at different relative locations within
>>> nodeModifyTable.c in the HEAD branch vs. in the 10 branch. It might be a
>>> good idea to bring them to the same relative location to avoid hassle
>>> when
>>> back-patching relevant patches in the future. I did that in the attached
>>> updated version (v4) of the patch for HEAD, which does not make any other
>>> changes. Although, the patch for PG-10 is unchanged, I still changed its
>>> file name to contain v4.
>>
>> That's a good idea! Thanks for the updated patches!
>
> Sorry, I didn't look at those patches carefully, but I noticed that while
> the patch for PG10 has put the definition of that function after the
> definitions of functions such as fireBSTriggers, fireASTriggers and
> ExecSetupTransitionCaptureState, but the patch for HEAD puts it *before*
> the definitions of these functions (note: these functions don't have their
> declarations at the file header), which seems a bit inconsistent.  ISTM
> that the v3 patches for PG10 and HEAD have already put that function in
> the right place in terms of that relativity.

That's correct, except v3 had added the definition of
ExecPrepareTupleRouting after those of ExecSetupChildParentMapForSubplan,
ExecSetupChildParentMapForTcs, etc., that are new in 11dev branch.

I've fixed the patch for HEAD to move the ExecPrepareTupleRouting
definition to appear after those of fireBSTriggers, fireASTriggers, and
ExecSetupTransitionCaptureState.

Attached are v5 patches for HEAD and 10 branches.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment Content-Type Size
ExecInsert-reset-estate-result-rel-10backpatch-v5.patch text/plain 14.6 KB
ExecInsert-reset-estate-result-rel-HEAD-v5.patch text/plain 15.0 KB