Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Christos Maris <christos(dot)c(dot)maris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant
Date: 2018-03-19 08:10:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Christos!

> 18 марта 2018 г., в 22:58, Christos Maris <christos(dot)c(dot)maris(at)gmail(dot)com> написал(а):
>
> I am very sorry I didn't know that. It's just that I really want to improve my proposal as much as possible.
>
> Should I send you my proposal here?
>
> BTW it is on the project: implementation and benchmarking of shorting algorithms

Yes, you can post your proposal online and apply link here. But it is better to directly ask questions on things you do not know\uderstand\cant find than ask someone here to review proposal.
Yes, mentors will review proposals carefully. To rate them and choose best of them. Mentors should not influence on your proposal directly, just answer questions about project ideas.

Here are some of my generic recommendations on sorting project idea [0,1].

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4127961C-28C1-42D3-BBBC-A88312F80F49@yandex-team.ru <https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4127961C-28C1-42D3-BBBC-A88312F80F49@yandex-team.ru>
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3F7C6971-9F8D-4E68-AA3F-BFDEFD88063C@yandex-team.ru <https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3F7C6971-9F8D-4E68-AA3F-BFDEFD88063C@yandex-team.ru>