Re: fix crash with Python 3.11

From: Markus Wanner <markus(dot)wanner(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fix crash with Python 3.11
Date: 2022-06-23 07:41:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/21/22 18:33, Tom Lane wrote:
> My inclination at this point is to not back-patch the second change
> 12d768e70 ("Don't use static storage for SaveTransactionCharacteristics").
> It's not clear that the benefit would be worth even a small risk of
> somebody being unhappy about the API break.

Actually, the backport of 2e517818f ("Fix SPI's handling of errors")
already broke the API for code using SPICleanup, as that function had
been removed. Granted, it's not documented, but still exported.

I propose to re-introduce a no-op placeholder similar to what we have
for SPI_start_transaction, somewhat like the attached patch.

Regards

Markus

Attachment Content-Type Size
add-spicleanup-placeholder.diff text/x-patch 1.0 KB