CREATE TABLE ( .. STORAGE ..)

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: CREATE TABLE ( .. STORAGE ..)
Date: 2021-12-27 07:51:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

Working on pluggable toaster (mostly, for JSONB improvements, see links
below) I had found that STORAGE attribute on column is impossible to set
in CREATE TABLE command but COMPRESS option is possible. It looks
unreasonable. Suggested patch implements this possibility.

[1] http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/jsonb-pgconfnyc-2021.pdf
[2] http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/jsonb-pgvision-2021.pdf
[3] http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/jsonb-pgconfonline-2021.pdf
[4] http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/bytea-pgconfonline-2021.pdf

PS I will propose pluggable toaster patch a bit later
WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
create_table_storage-v1.patch.gz application/gzip 3.7 KB