Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date: 2021-02-22 17:34:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Amit,

On 04.01.21 09:18, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Thanks, I have pushed the 0001* patch after making the above and a few
> other cosmetic modifications.

That commit added the following snippet to the top of
ReorderBufferFinishPrepared:

txn = ReorderBufferTXNByXid(rb, xid, true, NULL, commit_lsn, false);

/* unknown transaction, nothing to do */
if (txn == NULL)
return;

Passing true for the create argument seems like an oversight. I think
this should pass false and not ever (have to) create a ReorderBufferTXN
entry.

Regards

Markus