Re: Hot to restrict access to subset of data

From: "Andrus Moor" <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot to restrict access to subset of data
Date: 2005-07-03 20:19:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Greg,

using views would be nice.

I have also a add privilege which allows to add only new documents. I think
that this requires writing triggers in Postgres.

This seems to be a lot of work.
I do'nt have enough knowledge to implement this in Postgres.

So it seems to more reasonable to run my application as Postgres superuser
and implement security in application.

Andrus.