Re: Hot to restrict access to subset of data

From: Gregory Youngblood <pgcluster(at)netio(dot)org>
To: Andrus Moor <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot to restrict access to subset of data
Date: 2005-07-03 23:47:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I would strongly suggest that you create a database specific user,
one that has read/write access within this database, and that your
application use that user instead of the pg super user.

In general, the "super user" should never be used, except for
specific administrative tasks. This holds true for Windows
Administrator, Unix root, and postgresql's postgres users. If your
application runs under a single user to the database, then that
single user should be one that you create specifically for that
purpose, and not the postgres user.

Greg