Re: Setting up security for development

From: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting up security for development
Date: 2009-07-09 16:37:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Below are the errors that are being created on the Database server when I
try to start the db. Is it possible that the error is occuring because the
postgres userid is in Active Directory as a regular user and it has a
password set? I don't want to have to give a password everytime I try and
start the service.

This is under the System in the Windows Logs

The PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service failed to start due to the following
error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.
Event Error: 7000/7009

This is the message under the Application Windows Log

Faulting application pg_ctl.exe, version 8.4.0.9177, time stamp 0x4a468e1d,
faulting module libintl-8.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp
0x4791a783,
exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x0006ecfb, process id 0x1364,
application start time 0x01ca00ae9b30082a.

Source: Application Error
Event ID: 1000
Level: Error
User: N/A