Re: Trigger (Transaction related)

From: "Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet(dot)dhaliwal01(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger (Transaction related)
Date: 2006-09-01 07:19:03
Lists: pgsql-general

If that is the case then why does it throw error in one on the insert
queries in the shared object written in SPI without inserting the row on the
table on which record is inserted.

Follwing query in the shared object throws an error.

INSERT INTO headers (id, header_content) VALUES (1, SELECT raw_email FROM
parser WHERE id = 1)

Error is
ERROR: syntax error at or near "SELECT" at character 53

Regardless the error in the shared object, why doesn't it insert the row in
the table on which AFTER INSERT trigger is written?

Thanks,

~Harpreet