Re: automating perl compile time checking

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automating perl compile time checking
Date: 2018-06-15 04:21:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/11/18 16:06, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> This affects pretty much nothing. In fact some of the other changes I've
> recently committed were arguably more dangerous. Do you want me to
> revert the whole lot?

No, but this whole let's clean up the Perl code initiative seemed to
have come out of nowhere after feature freeze. The Perl code was fine
before, so if we're going to be polishing it around it should go into
the next release. I would actually have liked to have had more time to
discuss some of the changes, since I didn't seem to agree to some of
them at first reading.