problems with encoding and accent letters

From: aaaawwww <aaaawwww(at)libero(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems with encoding and accent letters
Date: 2010-07-01 14:43:45
Lists: pgsql-general

My DB is UTF8 and I cannot change it.
When I try to insert accent letters like è ò ... I get
Query failed: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8":
0xe82729 HINT: This error can also happen if the byte sequence does
not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding"

How Can I insert into fields of tables accents?