Re: problems with encoding and accent letters

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: aaaawwww <aaaawwww(at)libero(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems with encoding and accent letters
Date: 2010-07-01 20:44:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1 July 2010 15:43, aaaawwww <aaaawwww(at)libero(dot)it> wrote:
> My DB is UTF8 and I cannot change it.
> When I try to insert accent letters like è ò ... I get
> Query failed: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8":
> 0xe82729 HINT: This error can also happen if the byte sequence does
> not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
> "client_encoding"
>
> How Can I insert into fields of tables accents?

Clearly, whatever client you're using isn't based on UTF-8. It would
have helped if you gave some background information, but you may find
it useful to SET client_encoding TO whatever the client encoding of
your client appliation is (I'd haza

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/multibyte.html

--
Regards,