[pg 8.0] Restore from incremental "data folder" backup after server crash

From: "Frenzen Garduan" <frenzen(dot)garduan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pg 8.0] Restore from incremental "data folder" backup after server crash
Date: 2006-10-13 07:44:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello.
Some days ago our server with postgres 8.0 crashed. that woudn't be so much
fatal if we would have a complete backup, but there isnt one. We only have a
incremental backup from the psql data folder, including
- the complete "base" dir,
- "pg_control" and "pgstat.stat" from "global" dir
- one 32kb file from "pg_clog" folder
- one 160kb file from "pg_subtrans" folder
- one 16mb file from "pg_xlog"
and at least the postgres.log

Is there any possibility to extract or restore our database data, or just
parts of them? I have to extract as much as possible databases/tables... Or
is there any tool to extract the data? The Database structur isnt so
important, but the data from some tables... At all the database consists
around 20 databases with ca. 30-40 tables per database.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english.