Re: GnuTLS support

From: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GnuTLS support
Date: 2017-09-08 02:21:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/07/2017 11:34 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> I am worried about having 3x version of TLS controls in
>> postgresql.conf, and only one set being active. Perhaps we need to
>> break out the TLS config to separate files or something. Anyway, this
>> needs more thought.
>
> Well, people won't be able to set the inactive options, just like you
> can't set ssl=on when you build without OpenSSL support. But perhaps we
> could simply not include the inactive options into the config file, no?

Yeah, I have been thinking about how bad it would be to dynamically
generate the config file. I think I will try this.

Daniel: What options does Secure Transport need for configuring ciphers,
ECDH, and cipher preference? Does it need any extra options (I think I
saw something about the keychain)?

Andreas