autovacuum deamon on 8.0.3 - WinXP

From: Florian Ledoux <florian(dot)ledoux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: autovacuum deamon on 8.0.3 - WinXP
Date: 2005-10-17 15:33:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

An autovacuum deamon has been installed as a Windows service during
the setup of my PG 8.0.3 server on WinXP. I am surprised because I
believed that autovacuum was only available in 8.1 server. There is
no autovacuum_XXX parameters in postgresql.conf... How can I be sure
that autovacuum is correctly working ? If it is the case, how is it
configured ?
Can I rely on this service or have I to periodicaly launch vacuumdb instead ?

Can anybody help me...
Thanks