Regarding mulitple rows insert in one shot using ADO .net connected to postgres

From: keshav upadhyaya <ukeshav2009(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding mulitple rows insert in one shot using ADO .net connected to postgres
Date: 2009-10-08 06:39:36
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

Hi ,

I want to insert multiple Rows in one shot to improve my performance .

From C# code I am using ADO .net to connect to postgres .
Currently i am pasting the code which is not of postgres but in my dev
environment similar things i am doing with Postgres.

MySqlConnection mySql = new MySqlConnection();
mySql.CreateConn();
mySql.Command = mySql.Connection.CreateCommand();
* mySql.Command.CommandText = "INSERT INTO dbo.table1 (textBox1,
textBox2) VALUES (@textBox1, @textBox2)";

mySql.Command.Parameters.Add("@textBox1", SqlDbType.VarChar);
mySql.Command.Parameters["@textBox1"].Value = TextBox1.Text;
mySql.Command.Parameters.Add("@textBox2", SqlDbType.VarChar);
mySql.Command.Parameters["@textBox2"].Value = TextBox2.Text;

mySql.Command.ExecuteNonQuery();

* mySql.Command.Dispose();
mySql.Connection.Close();
mySql.CloseConn();

Hi i have hilighted the line in which I wanted to ask doubts .

Currently i am inserting one row in one time and then executing the query .
So with this approach i need to execute it many times for multiple rows
insert because of this my database is poor in doing this each time for very
large data.

What i want here is to insert multiple rows and then executing it in one
time only so that it will be faster.

Please help me out in this regards .

--
Thanks,