Re: Regarding mulitple rows insert in one shot using ADO .net connected to postgres

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: keshav upadhyaya <ukeshav2009(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regarding mulitple rows insert in one shot using ADO .net connected to postgres
Date: 2009-10-08 07:02:06
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

Try the multi-row INSERT syntax:

From the docs:

To insert multiple rows using the multirow VALUES syntax:

INSERT INTO films (code, title, did, date_prod, kind) VALUES
('B6717', 'Tampopo', 110, '1985-02-10', 'Comedy'),
('HG120', 'The Dinner Game', 140, DEFAULT, 'Comedy');

Best regards,

--
Lets call it Postgres

gurjeet[(dot)singh](at)EnterpriseDB(dot)com

singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com
Twitter: singh_gurjeet
Skype: singh_gurjeet

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device