Re: Optimze usage of immutable functions as relation

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Optimze usage of immutable functions as relation
Date: 2019-07-26 14:56:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

23.07.2019 14:36, Anastasia Lubennikova :
> 08.07.2019 4:18, Thomas Munro:
>> The July Commitfest is here.  Could we please have a rebase of this
>> patch?
> Updated patch is in attachments.
> I've only resolved one small cosmetic merge conflict.
>
> Later this week I'm going to send a more thoughtful review.

Well, I looked through the patch and didn't find any issues, so I'll
mark this ready for committer.

Last implementation differs from the original one and is based on
suggestion from this message:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2906.1542395026%40sss.pgh.pa.us

It does eval_const_expressions() earlier and pulls up only Const functions.

I also added a few more tests and comments.
New version is in attachments.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
v7-0001-Simplify-immutable-RTE_FUNCTION-to-RTE_RESULT.patch text/x-patch 13.4 KB