Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query

From: torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Date: 2021-07-09 05:05:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-07-02 23:21, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 8:00 AM torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
> wrote:
>> Updated the patch.
>
> Thanks for the patch. Here are some comments on the v4 patch:

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!
I agree with you and updated the patch.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 3:34 PM Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
wrote:

> DO $$
> BEGIN
> PERFORM pg_sleep(100);
> END$$;
>
> When I called pg_log_current_query_plan() to send the signal to
> the backend executing the above query, I got the following log message.
> I think that this is not expected message. I guess this issue happened
> because the information about query text and plan is retrieved
> from ActivePortal. If this understanding is right, ISTM that we should
> implement new mechanism so that we can retrieve those information
> even while nested query is being executed.

I'm now working on this comment.

--
Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA CORPORATION

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-log-running-query-plan.patch text/x-diff 19.2 KB