Re: pgsqlODBC problems

From: William Yu <wyu(at)talisys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsqlODBC problems
Date: 2005-01-13 17:13:42
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-odbc

I've run into these quirks before using ODBC.

If a table is huge, the ODBC driver will croak if you try to grab the
entire table all at once. I end up needing to use LIMIT xxxx OFFSET yyyy
to get chunks of tables and then piece the table together on the client.

For a transaction encompassing a lot of inserts/updates, I have to break
it up into smaller batches to avoid the the ODBC driver going haywire.

The connections thing is a mystery. Killing the client apps on my end
always disconnects the postgres connection as soon as the last sql
command finishes. Perhaps the MS Access "engine" continues to maintain
the connections behind the scenes?