ODBC and remote connectivity

From: scott(at)porchdogsoft(dot)com (Sculi2000)
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC and remote connectivity
Date: 2004-04-29 23:10:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all. I'm very new to ODBC related topics, so I apologize in
advance if this question is mind numbingly dumb.

I have a database that runs on VxWorks that has ODBC interfaces to it.
I would like to distribute this database so that I can remotely
access it (from a remote client also running on VxWorks). The
database that I am using doesn't support remote connectivity, so I'm a
little lost as to the best way of proceeding.

Are there open source packages that would be relatively easy to port
to VxWorks that would get me where I want to go? I could write the
remote layer myself I suppose, but something tells me that this has
been done many time before.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott