Re: Reducing memory consumed by RestrictInfo list translations in partitionwise join planning

From: Alena Rybakina <lena(dot)ribackina(at)yandex(dot)ru>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Reducing memory consumed by RestrictInfo list translations in partitionwise join planning
Date: 2023-11-24 10:20:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi! Thank you for your work on the subject, I think it's a really useful
feature.

I've reviewed your patch and I have a few questions.

First of all, have you thought about creating a gun parameter to display
memory scheduling information? I agree that this is an important
feature, but I think only for debugging.

Secondly, I noticed that for the child_rinfo_hash key you use a counter
(int) and can it lead to collisions? Why didn't you generate a hash from
childRestrictInfo for this? For example, something like how it is formed
here [0].

[0]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/43ad8a48-b980-410d-a83c-5beebf82a4ed%40postgrespro.ru

--