Parser change needed?

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Parser change needed?
Date: 2004-05-12 17:43:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yes, this is another vain attempt to get some attention to the custom
config variables patch that I've submitted (twice) :-)

But it's also a relevant question.

Given that the design is accepted and a custom variable will use
qualified names I'd propose a change to the SQL parser so that the names
doesn't need to be quoted in the SET and SHOW commands. Today one must
write:

SET "pljava.vmoptions" TO '-Xmx128M'

I think it would be more clean if one could write:

SET pljava.vmoptions TO '-Xmx128M'

What's your thoughts?

Kind regards,

Thomas Hallgren