missing indexes in indexlist with partitioned tables

From: Arne Roland <A(dot)Roland(at)index(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: missing indexes in indexlist with partitioned tables
Date: 2021-09-23 17:20:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I did a bit of testing today and noticed that we don't set indexlist properly at the right time in some cases when using partitioned tables.

I attached a simple case where the indexlist doesn't seems to be set at the right time. get_relation_info in plancat.c seems to process it only after analyzejoins.c checked for it.

Can someone explain to me why it is deferred at all?

Regards

Arne

Attachment Content-Type Size
indexlist_to_late.sql application/sql 296 bytes