Re: Code of Conduct plan

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date: 2018-09-19 21:32:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Hi Tatsuo,

On 9/19/18 5:10 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi web managaers,
>
>> Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
>>> Now that CoC is out,
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/coc/
>>> I would like to start the translation work. Can somebody suggest me
>>> how I can proceed?
>>
>> Sure, translate away. Probably the -www list is the place to discuss
>> questions like where it would appear on the website.
>>
>> regards, tom lane
>
> So how can I proceed the translation work? Just downloading the English
> CoC as a text file and translate it into Japanese?

That sounds like a good plan. With the translation in a text file,
someone (good chance it's me) can come up with a patch to place the
content on the site. We will probably handle it similarly to how we
handle the translated press kits.

Given the nature of the content and that we may have a few more
translations come in, we might want to set up a system to have someone
independently review the translations as well and sign off on them.

Thoughts on that?

Jonathan