PgDatabase, on heap construction results in SIGSEGV.

From: JSavage(at)data-mate(dot)com (Savage)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgDatabase, on heap construction results in SIGSEGV.
Date: 2002-10-16 02:26:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am having a problem constructing a PgDatabase object. If I create
the object on the stack (as a var local to a function) then it
constructs and connects to the DB ok. But, if I create and construct
the object on the heap, a SIGSEGV occurs within libpq++.so.4.

Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing this? I have only been
programming under linux for a month or so at this stage, but I've a
lot of Win32 experience. Any pointers to things that a Win32 to Linux
newbie would not be aware of would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
John