Re: PgDatabase, on heap construction results in SIGSEGV.

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Savage <JSavage(at)data-mate(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgDatabase, on heap construction results in SIGSEGV.
Date: 2002-10-18 14:23:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 07:26:25PM -0700, Savage wrote:
> I am having a problem constructing a PgDatabase object. If I create
> the object on the stack (as a var local to a function) then it
> constructs and connects to the DB ok. But, if I create and construct
> the object on the heap, a SIGSEGV occurs within libpq++.so.4.

Are you sure that's exactly where and why it occurs? I can't think of
any reason why libpq++ should care whether you use "PgDatabase Foo;" or
"PgDatabase *Bar = new PgDatabase;" - so could you post some minimal
code sample that produces the problem?

(Gratuitous plug: you may also want to look at libpqxx, the more modern
replacement for libp++: http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/libpqxx/ )

Jeroen