PgDay Athens 2009: Call for Presentations

From: Michael Alan Brewer <mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgDay Athens 2009: Call for Presentations
Date: 2009-06-24 03:15:48
Lists: pgsql-announce

The PostgreSQL Conference, U.S. series is having a PgDay on Saturday,
September 19, 2009 at The University of Georgia in Athens, GA, less
than 90 minutes from Atlanta. PgDay will be a single-day event located in
historic Old College on the University's beautiful North Campus.
Recently named number 5 in Kiplinger's Personal Finance "10 Best
Cities of 2009" list, the Classic City is famous for its music, food,
and Southern hospitality; come enjoy the city with members of the Postgres
community as we gather to discuss the world's most advanced open
source database.

Talks should be aimed for a mixed audience of students, faculty,
application developers, and DBAs; possible topics include:

- 8.4 Features
- PostGIS
- Interesting uses of PostgreSQL (in voting, education, libraries, etc.)
- SQL (query optimization, nifty tricks, use of PLs, etc.)
- Administration tips (performance, scaling, backups, etc.)
- Migration tips
- Etc...

To submit your presentation proposal, please go to:

http://postgresqlconference.org/2009/pgday/athens

The Call for Presentations will close on August 1st.

Thanks, and I hope to see y'all in Athens!

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com