Re: duplicate function declaration in multirangetypes_selfuncs.c

From: Anton Voloshin <a(dot)voloshin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: duplicate function declaration in multirangetypes_selfuncs.c
Date: 2023-04-21 12:20:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 21/04/2023 14:14, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> I'll take care of these in a bit (unless someone finds more, or objects)
> backpatching them to their respective origins branches

Thanks!

I went through master with
find . -name "*.[ch]" -exec bash -c 'echo {}; uniq -d {}' \;|sed -E
'/^[[:space:]*]*$/d;'

and could not find any other obvious unintentional duplicates, except
the two mentioned already. There seems to be some strange duplicates in
snowball, but that's external and generated code and I could not figure
out quickly whether those are intentional or not. Hopefully, they are
harmless or intentional.

All other duplicated lines I've analyzed seem to be intentional.

Granted, I've mostly ignored lines without ';', also I could have missed
something, but currently I'm not aware of any other unintentionally
duplicated lines.

--
Anton Voloshin
Postgres Professional, The Russian Postgres Company