Re: Non-decimal integer literals

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Non-decimal integer literals
Date: 2021-11-25 13:17:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01.11.21 07:09, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Here is an updated patch for this.  It's the previous patch polished a
> bit more, and it contains changes so that numeric literals reject
> trailing identifier parts without whitespace in between, as discussed.
> Maybe I should split that into incremental patches, but for now I only
> have the one.  I don't have a patch for the underscores in numeric
> literals yet.  It's in progress, but not ready.

Here is a progressed version of this work, split into more incremental
patches. The first three patches are harmless code cleanups. Patch 3
has an interesting naming conflict, noted in the commit message; ideas
welcome. Patches 4 and 5 handle the rejection of trailing junk after
numeric literals, as discussed. I have expanded that compared to the v4
patch to also cover non-integer literals. It also comes with more tests
now. Patch 6 is the titular introduction of non-decimal integer
literals, unchanged from before.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Improve-some-comments-in-scanner-files.patch text/plain 5.9 KB
v5-0002-Remove-unused-includes.patch text/plain 2.0 KB
v5-0003-Move-scanint8-to-numutils.c.patch text/plain 11.7 KB
v5-0004-Add-test-case-for-trailing-junk-after-numeric-lit.patch text/plain 2.1 KB
v5-0005-Reject-trailing-junk-after-numeric-literals.patch text/plain 5.3 KB
v5-0006-Non-decimal-integer-literals.patch text/plain 28.4 KB