Re: Non-decimal integer literals

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Non-decimal integer literals
Date: 2021-11-01 06:09:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 28.09.21 17:30, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 09.09.21 16:08, Vik Fearing wrote:
>>> Even without that point, this patch *is* going to break valid queries,
>>> because every one of those cases is a valid
>>> number-followed-by-identifier
>>> today,
>>
>> Ah, true that.  So if this does go in, we may as well add the
>> underscores at the same time.
>
> Yeah, looks like I'll need to look into the identifier lexing issues
> previously discussed.  I'll attack that during the next commit fest.

Here is an updated patch for this. It's the previous patch polished a
bit more, and it contains changes so that numeric literals reject
trailing identifier parts without whitespace in between, as discussed.
Maybe I should split that into incremental patches, but for now I only
have the one. I don't have a patch for the underscores in numeric
literals yet. It's in progress, but not ready.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Non-decimal-integer-literals.patch text/plain 29.1 KB