Re: [HACKERS] macport for libpqxx

From: "Darren Weber" <darren(dot)weber(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] macport for libpqxx
Date: 2008-09-20 16:25:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. Please find attached a draft Portfile
for libpqxx-2.6.9 (the stable version). It's easy to read the
Portfile to see what is going on. I think it should work fine, but I
would appreciate any advice about any configure options that should be
enabled.

I've got a problem within macports (not specific to pg or libpqxx).
MacPorts will not locate the pg_config.sh file during the macport
build. I can't just modify the $PATH env because the macport build
ignores it. There is an internal variable called $binpath in
macports, but it's read-only. I can't figure out how to get the
macport configure process to find the right pg_config. Any help
appreciated.

Thanks, Darren

PS, If you want to try out this Portfile, take a look at the macports
guide (esp. sections 4,5):
http://guide.macports.org/chunked/
Then follow the instructions to create your local repository here:
http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.local-repositories.html
Then put this Portfile into databases/libpqxx within your repository.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 7:30 AM, Darren Weber
> <darren(dot)weber(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> http://pqxx.org/development/libpqxx/
>>
>> I'm in the process of creating a macport for libpqxx. I could use
>> some help from anyone with experience in building postgresql or
>> libpqxx on OSX, esp. against the macport libraries.
>
> Never built libpqxx or a MacPort), but I'm used to building Postgres
> and other PG apps and the fu required to get universal binaries. What
> do you need?
>
> --
> Dave Page

Attachment Content-Type Size