Re: [HACKERS] macport for libpqxx

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Darren Weber" <darren(dot)weber(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] macport for libpqxx
Date: 2008-09-22 07:30:00
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Darren Weber
<darren(dot)weber(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me. Please find attached a draft Portfile
> for libpqxx-2.6.9 (the stable version). It's easy to read the
> Portfile to see what is going on. I think it should work fine, but I
> would appreciate any advice about any configure options that should be
> enabled.

There's nothing much to configure from what I can see.

> I've got a problem within macports (not specific to pg or libpqxx).
> MacPorts will not locate the pg_config.sh file during the macport
> build. I can't just modify the $PATH env because the macport build
> ignores it. There is an internal variable called $binpath in
> macports, but it's read-only. I can't figure out how to get the
> macport configure process to find the right pg_config. Any help
> appreciated.

Can you do something like:

configure { system "cd ${workpath}/${distname}-${version} &&
${configure.env} && PATH=/foo/bar:$PATH ./configure ${configure.args}"
}

Alternatively, the libpqxx docs say you can set ${PG_CONFIG} to the
path to pg_config, so perhaps you can set that in configure.env (that
sounds like the cleanest option).

--
Dave Page