Re: Workaround for bug #4608?

From: Robert Campbell <rrc7cz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Workaround for bug #4608?
Date: 2009-04-22 14:36:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers pgsql-novice

Okay here's where things get strange. I ran initdb and got this error:

--------
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin>initdb -D "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"
The files belonging to this data... <text here>

initdb: could not access directory "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data": No such file or directory
--------

Now the odd part is if I copy the same path I provided and "cd" to it,
it works. I can paste it into Windows Explorer and it's there. I mean
clearly I can see it there.

If I pass a different directory, such as C:/PgData38, it runs fine.

Perhaps this is the problem the Setup script encounters?