Re: Workaround for bug #4608?

From: Robert Campbell <rrc7cz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Workaround for bug #4608?
Date: 2009-04-22 15:03:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers pgsql-novice

I found the problem: it's a permissions issue.

The autogenerated data folder has the following permissions:

Administrators (MY_COMPUTER_NAME\Administrators)
postgres (MY_COMPUTER_NAME\postgres)

Once I added my Novell user MY_COMPUTER_NAME\my_novell_username with
Full Control I was able to run initdb on it okay.