Re: jsonpath syntax extensions

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jsonpath syntax extensions
Date: 2021-03-03 14:44:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/4/20 3:18 PM, Nikita Glukhov wrote:
> On 04.03.2020 19:13, David Steele wrote:
>> On 2/27/20 10:57 AM, Nikita Glukhov wrote:
>>>
>>> Attached patches implement several useful jsonpath syntax extensions.
>>> I already published them two years ago in the original SQL/JSON thread,
>>> but then after creation of separate threads for SQL/JSON functions and
>>> JSON_TABLE I forgot about them.
>>
>> Are these improvements targeted at PG13 or PG14?  This seems to be a
>> pretty big change for the last CF of PG13.  I know these have been
>> submitted before but that was a few years ago so I think they count as
>> new.
>
> I believe that some of these improvements can get into PG13. There is no need
> to review all of them, we can choose only the simplest ones.
Another year has passed without any comment or review on this patch set.

I'm not sure why the feature is not generating any interest, but you
might want to ask people who have been involved in JSON path before if
they are interested in reviewing.

Since this is still essentially a new feature with no review before this
CF I still don't think it is a good candidate for v14 but let's see if
it gets some review.

Regards,
--
-David