Re: phppgadmin not working under v. 8.1

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "barbara figueirido" <barbara(at)bariloche(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: phppgadmin not working under v. 8.1
Date: 2006-09-07 21:11:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 9/7/06, barbara figueirido <barbara(at)bariloche(dot)com(dot)ar> wrote:

>> Obviously, a user getting involved with documentation (good rtfm
>> person) would make a difference. But seems that in general, the
>> wildcard '*' translates into the user mind as "this will represent a
>> security hazzard, so I will hardcode my ipaddress", and seriously, *I
>> don't know why* this allways fails.
It doesn't always fail, and it does make sense to pin it down to
one interface in a scenario where a machine has a public interface
to the internet as well as local network. I wouldn't want my server/
router/firewall to listen to postgres connections from the wild as
well as on the internal interface.

> Obviously this is no excuse for not having taken care of the differences of
> postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf, which I'll try to bear in mind in
> future....
Quick question - I haven't seen a single mail of Guido's on the
list; did he respond to you in private, or do we have ourselves
a mail-transport problem?

> Tank you again to all of you,
>
> Bárbara
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.