Re: Make query ID more portable

From: Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Finnerty <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Make query ID more portable
Date: 2021-10-14 04:37:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/10/21 18:45, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 09:40:47AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> writes:
>>> But core jumbling code is good, fast and much easier in support.
> Also, the current code handles renames of schemas and objects, but this
> would not.
Yes, It is good option if an extension works only in the context of one
node. But my efforts are directed to the cross-instance usage of a
monitoring data. As an example, it may be useful for sharding.
Also, I guess for an user is essential to think that if he changed a
name of any object he also would change queries and reset monitoring
data, related on this object.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov